2 cups rolled gluten-free oats
1 cup mixed dried fruit, seeds and nuts of your choice – we’ve used peanuts, brazil nuts, raisins, poppy seeds, sunflower seeds, flax seeds
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
Pinch of salt
2 heaped teaspoons honey or maple syrup
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 tsp vanilla bean paste or a vanilla pod – scrape every bit out!
Other optionals/replacements – cinnamon, wild orange peel grated, chopped dates, nutmeg etc…
- Heat the oven to 150 degrees Celcius.
- Get a large glass pyrex of baking tray – add in the coconut oil and put it in the over to melt to oil.
- Get the tray back out and add in all the dry ingredients and mix well with the melted coconut oil.
- Add the vanilla bean paste and mix well.
- Add the honey and as it’s likely to be in big blobs, just leave as it is. Spread the mixture out into a medium to thin spread. Put the tray back in the oven to bake at 150 degrees Celcius for 15 – 20 minutes until light brown, lightly toasted.
- Check halfway through ad also to mix the honey thoroughly.
- Remove tray from oven and allow to cool down before serving!
- The granola can store in an air-tight container for 2 weeks.
See our beautiful serving suggestion! Enjoy!