Want to stay healthy and vibrant this summer? Check out our
…Summertime Food & Drink…
…& Mind Body Mind Hacks…
Do you have to deny yourself great food to keep on the straight and narrow? No!
Does staying healthy mean you miss out on the best bits of summer? Certainly not!
This is how we do it!…1. Get yourself some mouth watering, nourishing, tasty, indulgent recipes, like ours below to try out… Throw some dinner parties so you can have fun AND eat what you want!
2. Make sure you have your larder and fridge stocked to make some refreshing and nourishing drinks, snacks and impromptu picnics – check out our Summer Larder list below…
3. Cut our nasty toxic products and swap them for natural ones to keep your body clear and lessen the toxic load and need for a stronger detox later – check out some ideas below.
4. Strengthen your system with some important supplement products to keep you in tip top condition! We’ve got some suggestions below…
Dips and tricks… Yummy dips you can have with raw veg sticks or nachos are a must, they also add flavour and extra mmmm on the side of many dishes. Try our avocado and spinach dip, or our roasted red pepper one. They are DIVINE!
Creamy soups and curries… Which can be served cold too have lots of flavour and are super refreshing and indulgent… We’ve got a creamy cauliflower soup and a coconut curry you could try…
Fresh and light… Food which can be easily knocked up with whats in the fridge but SUPER tasty are must have recipes… Check out our Asian broth with veggies and our
Puddings and sweet things… Well, you can do wonders with chia seeds – here’s a blackberry pudding we made but you can swap this for other fruit of course… Oh and mmmm our raw cacao and almond Opera cake is LUSH.
Juices and smoothies… Are delicious deserts in themselves and can help empower the system! Juices that cleanse the gut and liver like our purple juice are amazing… And check out our amazing SUPER indulgent cacao peanut butter smoothie… You can’t go wrong with this – especially if you add in gut clearing inulin!
You absolutley must have these essential items in your larder this summer!!
… shit loads of avocados
… grilled/non-grilled artichokes
… coconut creme, butter and milk
… raw cacao
… chia seeds
… nuts, seeds, nut butters and all that
… stock cubes
… fresh herbs
… dried spices you love
… dried lentils, chickpes and beans
… yummy cold pressed oils to drizzle over everything
… fresh and dried berries to go in smoothies, snacks and in your mouth!
… fermented foods
… dried mushrooms like shiitake, reishi and maiitake
… broccoli, asparagus, cauliflower and all those yummy veggies
… herbal teas that you can cool and make fresh tonics with
… citrus fruits and fresh herbs like peppermint, or mint to make water taste sweet!
… delicious essential oils to add to foods and drinks like lemon, wild orange, ginger, lemongrass, rosemary, clove, peppermint, rose, geranium and more! Check out our doTERRA essential oil shop link below to buy!
Make sure you cut out toxic nasty chemicals from your environment, especially those going onto your skin that are going to cause a greater burden to your system. Choose your toxins wisely my teacher once said… You can;t have the whole cake and eat it, or whatever that saying is… So here’s how to control your toxic load…
1. Throw away chemical cleaning products and opt for naturally derived ones you can find at the supermarket easily like Ecover.
2. Invest in natural cosmetics, make up and toiletries as they go on your skin and directly into your bloodstream. You shouldn’t put anything on your skin you wouldn’t put in your mouth! Oh and that includes sunscreen – these are full of the worst toxic chemicals. Stay out of the sun and invest in a natural sunscreen – there are many online… Organic products preferably but 100% natural is good! Fluoride free toothpaste is a good place to start!
3. Get rid of plug in chemical scents, oudourisers or sprays – unless sits a natural essential oil or candle – get rid!
4. Try alcohol free beers, wines and drinks… They often taste just as good (bad!) and you can trick your mind into thinking its the real deal by telling it! Honestly!
5. Stop using plastic to store your food, aluminium to cook in and non-stick pans – these are all highly toxic and majorly disruptive to the hormone and immune system. Out with the old, invest in new!
6. Read the food labels! If you don’t recognise it – its probably not natural… If its got E numbers, its not healthy… If theres loads of sugars that saturate, its not gonna feel good… If there are weird sounding chemical like words, they are probably chemicals… Organic is best!
Keeping your gut clear is integral for immune health and supporting your liver to detox this summer… Immune health can also be boosted by antioxidants and multi-nutrients…
Products that will help you are:
Everyday Acidophilus and other live bacteria products from Biocare – get 25% off with the practitioner discount code P6744 – see link below
Vitamins, minerals and capsule multi-nutrients, antioxidants and more from Biocare – get 25% off with the practitioner discount code P6744 – We love the Methyl Multinutrient, an excellent all-rounder and great for detoxing.