Who said that you can’t be healthy and lazy at the same time? Yes it’s true that you have to invest some time into planning and preparing healthy feel good food, but sometimes you need something quick, convenient and easy. Unfortunately there aren’t a lot of readily available healthy and organic ready meals, but if you’re clever you can create your own…
I like to have a horde of my favourite organic canned soups to hand that I can simply jazz up in 5 minutes. Here’s what I do…
1. Boil water and get a veggie or chicken stock cube on the go. I like to make my stock stronger do I add a little less water than the instructions say.
2. Lightly fry some chopped up onion/shallot, mushrooms, tomato, pepper, aubergine, courgette, whatever you fancy!
3. Don’t forget to add in a sprig of fresh thyme, rosemary or whatever suits your soup of choice.
4. Add into the veg mix your canned soup and bring to a gentle simmer to warm it up and cook the veg a little more if needs be. You can also add prawns, tofu, chicken anything waiting in your fridge to be used.
5. Add in the stock depending on how soupy you want it. At this pint you can also add coconut milk and cream to give it richness and more nourishment – this makes it super delicious!
6. Serve with salad, bread (wheat free!), raw veg, quinoa whatever you’ve got, and ENJOY!
Perfect lazy dinner for the health conscious! This is a once a week jobbie for me and I absolutey love it!